Can binutils tools support MIPS-X cpu?

cgd@broadcom.com cgd@broadcom.com
Mon Mar 11 18:20:00 GMT 2002

At Tue, 12 Mar 2002 02:05:39 +0000 (UTC), "Eric Christopher" wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 17:37, xiang weiwen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    Thanks for your reply. The document can be got from
> > http://www.bsz.de/karistep/csl-tr-86-289.pdf .
> > Thanks again.
>
> Wow. This is old. You might want to give it a try, but I don't know that
> anyone put explicit support in.

Looking at the PDF file mentioned, it is sufficiently unlike what I'll
call "commercial MIPS" that the existing mips*-*-* targets will not
even come close to working.

(And, in my opinion, if somebody wanted to port binutils to this old
research architecture now... such a port should _not_ be jammed into
the MIPS code or named in a way easily confused w/ the existing MIPS
targets.  It's really not the same beast.)

cgd