2.12.x branch future?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Sat Mar 9 13:28:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 11:15:28AM -0800, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:
> So, now that 2.12 is "just about done", I'm wondering, what's the
> future of the 2.12 branch?

Done, in fact - if someone will kindly copy the tarball from
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/ to sourceware.  I can't do it myself.
Everything else is finished.

> Is there going to be a 2.12.1?  ("hope so" 8-)

I don't know.  I would rather not; I would rather a 2.13 whenever
someone feels the need for a 2.12.

> Is the branch open for commits?  (I've found a few bugs already.  8-)

This depends on the answer to the previous question; it is either open
or dead.  I have very little preference - what little I have is towards
killing the branch, because that is a lot easier on the poor release
manager.  If a critical failure comes up, we can fix that on the branch
and release a 2.12.1, but I don't want it accumulating random
differences.