Upgrade woes

fbn@dandy.net fbn@dandy.net
Wed Mar 6 12:19:00 GMT 2002

Hi All,

I've recently upgraded several things, glibc-2.2.5, libtool-1.4.2,
reinstalled gcc-2.95.3. I started upgrading glibc-2.2.5 which seems to be
where my trouble began. Trying to compile xcdroast gave me errors and I did
a search and found mention of upgrading libtool. Well, upgrading libtool
fixed the compiler error, but now everything I compile segfaults. The
compiles go cleanly, no errors, but the binaries simply do not work. I
don't know where to look further into fixing the problem, nor even how to
narrow down the possible culprit.

Clues please :)

Thanks