Problem installing GNU Binutils 2.11.2 on an sgi workstation

Tim Daly, Jr. remote_bob@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 02:50:00 GMT 2002

"Clinton Dilks" <CDilks@hortresearch.co.nz> writes:

> Hi
>
> Im trying to installed the latest stable version of GNU binutils onto an
> sgi workstation.
>
> The  compiler is gcc version 2.7.2.2
> Make is GNU Make  3.79.1
>
> The version of IRIX on the workstation is 6.3.

Clinton,

I believe that most people use the SGI Development Foundation on IRIX.
It provides a linker, assembler, etc.  GNU binutils is probably not
yet the best way to go on this platform, unless you're interested in
working on the binutils themselves.  You can download the Development
Foundation from here:

http://www.sgi.com/developers/devtools/apis/idf_idl.html

-Tim