Gas assertion bug report

John Levon levon@movementarian.org
Sun Mar 3 18:27:00 GMT 2002

Apologies if this has been fixed already :

root linux 174 uname -a
Linux nastic 2.4.17rmap9smp #6 SMP Sat Mar 2 17:52:39 GMT 2002 i686 unknown
root linux 169 as --version
GNU assembler 2.10.90

But this .s file causes a gas assertion, which I understand is a bug.

See my other mail for why I'm doing this weird thing

Note also I'm not sure if the recursive .previous is allowed - the
documentation does not describe this directive (on sources.redhat.com).
Is it ?

thanks
john

.text
        .align 4
i:
        pushl   %ebp
        movl    %esp, %ebp
        subl    $4, %esp
#APP
        .section .text.lock,"ax"
.set __text_lock_address, .
.section .stabs.temp,"a"
.stabs "a.c",100,0,0,0
.stabs "text_lock_blah at a.c line 38:F(0,0)",36,0,0,__text_lock_address
.previous
.previous

#NO_APP
        leave
        ret

produces :

root linux 172 as a.s
a.s: Assembler messages:
a.s:18: Internal error!
Assertion failure in adjust_stab_sections at ./config/obj-elf.c line 1549.

--
I am a complete moron for forgetting about endianness. May I be
forever marked as such.