possible powerpc 40x problem in 2.12

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Fri Mar 1 09:39:00 GMT 2002

Alan Modra wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 06:11:20AM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >
> > Could you point me to where the gcc cpu cflags are translated into
> > gas flags in gcc so I can put together a patch and submit it?  This
> > is a new one for me but I am happy to try to fix it. :)
>
> In this case, gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.h:ASM_CPU_SPEC

Thank you.  It really wasn't that hard to decipher once I knew where
to look. :)

It currently has

%{mcpu=403: -mppc} \

and should be changed to

%{mcpu=403: -m403} \
%{mcpu=405: -m405} \

Right?

Also gcc does not appear to know anything about the -m74xx set of
switches.  Should it?  I know RTEMS uses inline assembly that
makes this matter sometimes.