PATCH: Put .gmo files in the build directory

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Mon Jun 24 19:20:00 GMT 2002


> On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 08:39, H. J. Lu wrote:
> 
> 
>> I have some news for you. Please do this in the binutils build
>> directory:
> 
> 
> It doesn't matter.  Arguing with something that is wrong won't help. 
> Beside, the intl/Makefile comes from the gettext package and you don't
> want to diverge.

H.J. is right here.  For GDB and BINUTILS, generated files are created 
in the BUILD tree - see c-exp.tab.c et.al. in GDB.  The release process 
then uses smoke and mirrors to get those generated files bundled into a 
distro.

Given that this has all worked for longer than I remember - GDB also 
gets complaints about .gmo files being put in the [ro] src tree - I 
can't think why these files should be handled differently.

Which reminds me, gdb/394.

Andrew




More information about the Binutils mailing list