PATCH: Put .gmo files in the build directory

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sun Jun 23 08:39:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 10:19:56PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 21:59, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > This patch puts .gmo files in the build directory. It is useful for
> > read-only source.
>
> This is completely against what the .gmo files are for.  Only
> maintainers are supposed to generate these files since they must be
> distributed.  And maintainers are not supposed to work with read-only
> sources for other reasons.

I have some news for you. Please do this in the binutils build
directory:

# find -name "*.[ch]"

There are quite a few files which are supposed to be distributed. It
is't even the complete list. The way we do it is:

# make binutils.tar.bz2 -f Makefile.in

in the source tree.

H.J.