Gas patch for reading alternate forms of MIPS coprocessor register names, take 2

cgd@broadcom.com cgd@broadcom.com
Thu Jun 20 13:37:00 GMT 2002


At Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:10:54 +0000 (UTC), "Matt Hiller" wrote:
> * A check that the proper coprocessor number is referenced in the regname.

For this test, wouldn't it be better to check that the cop name (cN)
is the last 2 chars of the insn name?  There are no exceptions to that
rule in the opcodes table that I can currently see (of operations
which use these operand types).


> * A run_test_dump test and a run_test_list test that checks to see that 
> proper errors are generated.
> 
> * Code for processing $c1rNN names if they appear in regular fp 
> instructions (this is also tested in the run_test_dump test).

If I were creating the new files, I'd have goten them names a little
bit more consistent, but I don't care a lot.  8-)

A bit of an aside, but do you know why the c3 ops seem to generate
delay slot nops?  (That seems a little ... non-intuitive to me.)



chris



More information about the Binutils mailing list