wrong opcode?
Andreas Schwab
schwab@suse.de
Fri Jun 14 13:18:00 GMT 2002
<kieft_brian@si.com> writes:
|> I curious as to why the code generated for these two move.w commands is
|> completely different. In the first assembly I used two variables (one equal to 0
|> and the other equal to 8). I tried doing a move using the variables added
|> together as my offset to register A1 and managed to get 33B9 0000 0000 0170 0000
|> 0008. When I simply put an 8 in instead of the variables, I got the correct
|> code. 3379 0000 0000 0008. Any ideas??????
|>
|> I'm using gnu as on a pc-cygwin system with a m68k target.
|>
|>
|> 3901 034a 0000 0008 .DC.L C_WCP1_MSG_PARM
|> 3902 034e 0000 0000 .DC.L HWPN_PARM_OFS
|> 3903 0352 33B9 0000 MOVE.W SYS_SYS_VERS_W,C_WCP_MSG_PARM+HWPN_PARM_OFS(%A1)
|> 3903 0000 0170
|> 3903 0000 0008
The other opcode is not wrong, it just uses the 32bit offset form. How
are C_WCP_MSG_PARM and HWPN_PARM_OFS defined? Please provide a complete,
self-contained test case.
Andreas.
--
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."
More information about the Binutils
mailing list