Fix ld segfaults under hppa64-hp-hpux11
John David Anglin
dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Thu Jun 13 09:34:00 GMT 2002
> This fixed the segfault problem but dld.sl is complaining the shared
> libraries are not valid load modules. The test program works
> okay though. ldd also complains, so maybe I'll try to hunt the problem
> down that way or using dlopen.
I suspect that dld.sl is complaining about a missing section or possibly
the section to segment mapping. This bug messes up the objc test results
when gcc is built with "--enable-shared". However, other than the annoying
error message that doesn't tell you want's wrong, it doesn't seem to affect
actual code execution. This error was around before the patch. I think
that if we squelch this bug we should be able to build a shared libgcc
on hppa64-hp-hpux11.
> I'll have a crack at it next week.
That would be great. Your test programs and analysis was a big help
in resolving the two previous bugs.
Dave
--
J. David Anglin dave.anglin@nrc.ca
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)
More information about the Binutils
mailing list