MIPS_STABS_ELF is now broken

Eric Christopher echristo@redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 13:36:00 GMT 2002


On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 13:35, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, H . J . Lu wrote:
> 
> > > ports do.  '.file 1 "foo.c"' is DWARF-2 usage, not STABS usage, and gas
> > > has no business trying to second-guess the compiler.
> > 
> > But it is not an excuse to break the existing gcc binaries. Here is a
> > new patch. It basically treats
> 
>  Why?  If one can update binutils, one can update gcc as well, can't one?
> It's a gcc bug, after all.

I agree. I've talked to daniel off line and he's working on a patch that
should solve a lot of the problems. I'll let him post it when he's done.

-eric

-- 
I will not carve gods



More information about the Binutils mailing list