RFA: MIPS/dwarf-2: gas patches
Maciej W. Rozycki
macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl
Mon Jun 10 10:31:00 GMT 2002
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> The net effect should be that the only way to get a .mdebug section
> generated on MIPS is to ask for ECOFF assembler debugging. I'm
> currently talking to Eric about obsoleting all the MIPS ECOFF targets
> anyway, since we haven't been able to roust up a single user lately.
> I believe some *BSD people use it for a boot format, but they don't
> compile directly to it.
Well, due to bugs in binutils Linux uses elf2ecoff to make a COFF kernel
executable. Fixing the bugs is on my to-do list (not very high, though).
We can probably live without ECOFF debugging, OTOH.
Then there is Ultrix as well. I can't state how many people still use
it, but chances are if tools work, nobody reports being a user.
--
+ Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+ e-mail: macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available +
More information about the Binutils
mailing list