Vector tables and such...
Dhananjay R. Deshpande
dhananjayd@kpit.com
Fri Jun 7 04:38:00 GMT 2002
Hi,
>Hello
>I'm on an MCORE design and I'm trying (without too much success I might add)
>to set up a vector table for exceptions. It's arranged like so...
> .org 0x00 //tell it that we start at 0 in memory
>interrupt_vector:
> .long start // 0 - reset
> .long turn_on_led_error // 1 - misaligned fault
> .long turn_on_led_error // 2 - access fault
>.etc, .etc
Is your object format COFF? If so if you are using binutils release 2.12, then it could be a bug in assembler. I have observed same behavior in sh-coff assembler of that version. The assembler is putting null for the external symbol. It is fixed in 2.12.1
Cheers,
Dhananjay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Free download of GNUSH and GNUH8 tool chains for Hitachi's SH and H8 Series.
The following site also offers free support to European customers.
Read more at http://www.kpit.com/products/support.htm
Latest versions of GNUSH and GNUH8 are released on Apr 1, 2002.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More information about the Binutils
mailing list