[patch] RFD: Incorrect R_MIPS_26 handling for RELA

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl
Fri Jun 7 03:30:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> IRIX does no left-shift for RELA relocs. I think we
> should be compatible.
>
> Apparently I fixed the linker's rela handling already for my
> own toolchain and forgot about it then. Thanks for remembering
> me to commit it. :-)
>
> Below is a patch I ripped out, it's little tested.

 The patch seems to work for me, thanks.  It also fixes a problem I had to
discover yet -- with my patch the kernel crashed before printing its
identification line and with yours it crashes after. ;-)  It might have
been the R_MIPS_HIGHEST problem you mentioned.