copy_private_bfd_data in bfd/elf.c question

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 05:13:00 GMT 2002


Hi Reva.

>     Thanks so much for the patch!  I tried it out on HP-UX/IA-64
> with objcopy and strip and it worked for me.  Could you check these
> changes in as I do not have write access?

I have checked the patch into the mainline sources.

> Would it be possible to get these changes into the 2.13 branch as
> well as the mainline?

Hmm, well that would be up to Daniel.  Since the patch is adding a new
"feature" I would be reluctant to apply it, but since this feature
fixes a bug with the HP-UX IA-64 port I might be tempted to accept it.

Cheers
        Nick


> 2002-07-19  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>
>
>         * elf-bfd.h (struct elf_backend_data): Add new bitfield
>         'want_p_paddr_set_zero'.
>         * elfxx-target.h: Set default value for want_p_paddr_set_zero
>         to false;
>         * elfxx-ia64.c: Set want_p_paddr_set_zero for HPUX target.
>         * elf.c (copy_private_bfd_data): Test want_p_paddr_set_zero.



More information about the Binutils mailing list