c55x port howto?
Nick Clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 07:33:00 GMT 2002
Hi Jaspreet,
> I need to extend bfd backend to support TI C55x COFF files. I have
> copied the *c54x* and renamed them to *c55x*. In doing so I can run
> objdump on a c55x file format but the section data has the wrong
> endianess. I haven't been able to affect the section data format.
Are you saying that TI C55x COFF format files stores the section data
in a different endianess from the section headers ?
> and the bfd_target looks like:
> const bfd_target tic55x_coff2_vec =
> {
> bfd_getb64, bfd_getb_signed_64, bfd_putb64,
> bfd_getb32, bfd_getb_signed_32, bfd_putb32,
> bfd_getb16, bfd_getb_signed_16, bfd_putb16, /* data */
> bfd_getl64, bfd_getl_signed_64, bfd_putl64,
> bfd_getl32, bfd_getl_signed_32, bfd_putl32,
> bfd_getl16, bfd_getl_signed_16, bfd_putl16, /* hdrs */
Perhaps these need to be changed. The TI C54x port uses:
bfd_getl64, bfd_getl_signed_64, bfd_putl64,
tic54x_getl32, tic54x_getl_signed_32, tic54x_putl32,
bfd_getl16, bfd_getl_signed_16, bfd_putl16, /* data */
bfd_getb64, bfd_getb_signed_64, bfd_putb64,
bfd_getb32, bfd_getb_signed_32, bfd_putb32,
bfd_getb16, bfd_getb_signed_16, bfd_putb16, /* hdrs */
Note the special functions for reading and writing 32bit data.
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list