Splitting object files

Prof Abimbola Olowofoyeku African_Chief@bigfoot.com
Thu Jul 11 14:31:00 GMT 2002

Hi all

Does any one know of any tool that can take an object file containing
several functions and split it into several object fies, each
containing a single routine? Or is there a switch that one can pass to
any of the binutils that will achieve this? Can this be done at all [a]
with an existing object file, or [b] with source code exporting several
functions (i.e., emit a separate object file for each exported
function).

PS: I know that I can create a separate source file for each routine
and compile each one separately - this is not what I am looking for.

PSS: Please copy replies to me by email, since I don't belong to this
list.

Thanks.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.bigfoot.com/~African_Chief
email: African_Chief@bigfoot.com