new port: ip2k

Alan Lehotsky apl@alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 5 07:00:00 GMT 2002

At 11:20 PM +0400 7/2/02, Denis Chertykov wrote:

>How can I got a new value of e_machine (EM_IP2K from include/elf/common.h) ?
>
>I have sended mail to registry@caldera.com but havn't response.
>
>Denis.

They responded to me about a month ago.  It took a week or two, so be
patient :-)

BTW, I received numbers 98 and 99 for two ports I had done a while
ago, so it appears we're into the realm of 3 digit magic numbers...

BUT, since you already HAVE a customer base using whatever magic
number was randomly chosen when the binutils port was first done,
perhaps it's not such a great idea to get an official number (they
won't sanction a random choice according to the guy who I spoke with
via email.....)

-- Al

--
		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/~qsmgmt

	Software Process Improvement / Management Consulting
	     Language Design / Compiler Implementation