libtool changes for HP-UX IA64 support

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Sun Jan 27 23:10:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:39:22PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:09:03AM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > On Jan 28, 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Both I and Alexandre approve of this patch, so it certainly should go
> > > in.  Is there anyone out there more familiar than I with what needs to
> > > be regenerated to do this?
> >
> > Only configure files have to be rebuild with autoconf.
>
> What about various aclocal.m4's in the tree?  I guess it doesn't really
> matter, as they're all in newlib or in sid, I think.
>
> > I often use an internal-to-Red Hat version of autotools, just because
> > that's what we use for our internal CVS repository, and it happens to
> > preserve Makefile.am line breaks in Makefile.in.  I think this
> > particular snapshot may be somewhere out there, but I don't know
> > where.  In this case, you don't have to rebuild the Makefile.ins, so
> > just touch them (or let them be rebuilt and then revert their changes
> > instead of checking them in) and you'll be fine.
>
> I'll just do that.

Done.

2002-01-27  Daniel Jacobowitz  <drow@mvista.com>

        From Steve Ellcey <sje@cup.hp.com>:
        * libtool.m4 (HPUX_IA64_MODE): Set to 32 or 64 based on ABI.
        (lt_cv_deplibs_check_method, lt_cv_file_magic_cmd,
        lt_cv_file_magic_test_file): Set to appropriate values for HP-UX
        IA64.
        * ltcf-c.sh (archive_cmds, hardcode_*): Ditto.
        * ltconfig (shlibpath_*, dynamic_linker, library_names_spec,
        soname_spec, sys_lib_search_path_spec): Ditto.