[OFFTOPIC] LGPL libbfd

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Sun Jan 27 18:17:00 GMT 2002

> If winebuild only runs on Linux, you could declare that you're going
> to use the libbfd that comes with most GNU/Linux distributions and
> avoid the whole issue.

Actually, I take this back.  The GPL exception is for GPL'd works
using proprietary operating system modules, not the other way around.
The linux kernel has an explicit exception for its case, and the C
library is LGPL, not GPL, to allow for such usage.  libbfd is GPL, not
LGPL, so there's no exception just because it's part of the
distribution.