non coherent options, switches and descriptions

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Jan 16 14:35:00 GMT 2002

--On Wednesday, January 16, 2002 07:23:08 AM -0800 mike stump
<mrs@windriver.com> wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:54:06 +0000
>> Cc: binutils@sources.redhat.com, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
>> From: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>
>
>> The plan was to drop -V entirely.
>
> Having flags that never work, and are designed to not be able to ever
> work, isn't useful, for this reason, I support this decision.

Yes.

In fact, I hereby pre-approve removal of -V in concept, considering it
a bug-fix, on the current mainline.  I will review a patch to do this
if someone submits it.

If people feel strongly that we should not do this, please let me
know.  We will then probably need to inquire with the SC.