Quick question?

Ian Lance Taylor ian@airs.com
Sun Jan 13 16:01:00 GMT 2002

Sir Ace <chandleg@wizardsworks.org> writes:

> > What is the exact error message?  When providing a bug report, never
> > paraphrase; always quote.
>
> example on dreamcast:
>
> bash-2.05# /usr/local/bin/as
> bash: /usr/local/bin/as: No such file or directory

This normally means that the dynamic linker doesn't exist.  This is
set by the --dynamic-linker option.  However, since you don't want the
program to be dynamically linked, I guess that shouldn't matter.

> Dynamic Section:
>   NEEDED      libc.so.6

This means that the program is dynamically linked against libc.

Looking at the libtool documentation, it suggests using the option
-all-static when linking.  Try putting that in LDFLAGS.

Ian