gas fix for ia64 target
Daniel Jacobowitz
drow@mvista.com
Thu Feb 21 16:33:00 GMT 2002
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:56:42PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:
Content-Description: message body text
> As per David O'Brien's suggestion, I'd like to ask that the posted
> patch also be considered for the 2.12 branch.
Fine with me when approved for the trunk; I didn't see an approval go
by.
Content-Description: forwarded message
> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:54:08 -0800
> From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
> Subject: Re: gas fix for ia64 target
> To: David Mosberger <davidm@hpl.hp.com>
> Reply-To: obrien@FreeBSD.org
>
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:44:05PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:
> > David> Should this be committed to the 2.12 branch also?
> >
> > The patch fixes a serious bug, so I think the answer is "yes". OTOH,
> > we haven't done all that much testing on it, so there is a chance that
> > the patch will have undesired effects. It did work fine on the linux
> > kernel though and it's simple enough that I do not believe there is a
> > big risk of there being undesired effects.
>
> Would you be able to post a follow up that it should also be considered
> for the 2.12 branch? The *BSD's are looking to Binutils 2.12.0 to be a
> usable, stable tool for IA-64 deployment.
--
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
More information about the Binutils
mailing list