selective.exp xfails

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Mon Feb 18 00:13:00 GMT 2002


On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 06:29:33PM +1100, Ben Elliston wrote:
> >>>>> "H" == H J Lu <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
> 
>   >> + Why are all Alpha targets XFAILed?
> 
>   H> I don't think alpha supports garbage collection.
> 
> Okay.
> 
>   H> I don't think mips supports garbage collection either.
> 
> Really?
>  
>   ``* Added garbage collection of unused sections, enabled by --gc-sections.
>       It does require a bit of backend support; currently implemented are
>       arm-elf, avr-elf, d10v-elf, fr30-elf, i386-elf, m32r-elf, m68k-elf,
>       mcore-elf, mips-elf, mn10300-elf, ppc-elf, sh-elf, sparc-elf, and v850-elf.
>       Others will ignore the option.''

I don't believe GC works on ELF/mips. I don't remeber seeing any real
GC code in elf32-mips.c. It is quite tricky due to the MIPS ABI. I
never bother to fix it.


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list