selective.exp xfails
H . J . Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Sun Feb 17 23:29:00 GMT 2002
On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 01:28:39PM +1100, Ben Elliston wrote:
> Hi HJ,
>
> I discovered today that the following changes were made to ld's
> selective.exp test case last year:
>
> 2001-07-12 H.J. Lu <hjl@gnu.org>
>
> * ld-selective/selective.exp: Mark selective1, selective2,
> selective4 and selective5 xfail on alpha*-*.
>
> 2001-06-06 H.J. Lu <hjl@gnu.org>
>
> * ld-selective/selective.exp: Mark selective2, selective3,
> selective4 and selective5 xfail on Linux/mips.
>
> I have a couple of questions about these patches:
>
> + Why are all Alpha targets XFAILed?
I don't think alpha supports garbage collection.
>
> + If the intention is to XFAIL the tests on Linux/mips, why does the
> patch XFAIL "mips*-*"? There are embedded MIPS targets where this
> test will pass. Frankly, I wonder how this particular patch was
> accepted into the tree.
>
> + Why does this test fail specifically on {alpha,mips*}-linux-*
> systems, anyway? If it fails, it seems to me that it is a genuine
> failure.
I don't think mips supports garbage collection either.
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list