2.12 branch tests: sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Daniel Jacobowitz
drow@mvista.com
Sat Feb 16 23:39:00 GMT 2002
On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:51:19PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
>
>
> compiler: gcc 3.0
> binutils: 2.11.2
>
>
> the readelf -wi has no output at all.
Not that surprising. Solaris doesn't default to DWARF-2, as far as I
can see. Surely the list of targets that don't is bigger than the one
in readelf.exp?
Anyone have a reason I just shouldn't add solaris as an XFAIL for now?
> the ar/solib one appears to be broken diff(1) lossage and can probably
> be ignored.
Looks that way. Removing the -q fixes it, I'll do that tomorrow unless
someone objects.
> the selective ones i don't understand.
I didn't see these. GCC 2.95.3. Interesting...
> the shared is cuz of:
> [ ... ]
> tmpdir/shnp >tmpdir/shnp.out
> ld.so.1: tmpdir/shnp: fatal: relocation error: file tmpdir/shnp: symbol shlibvar1: referenced symbol not found
> FAIL: shared (non PIC, load offset)
I'm not sure what's going on here either. The test fails for a number
of other targets too, so I am not overly concerned. It may be
something as simple as elf-offset.ld being out of date.
--
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
More information about the Binutils
mailing list