executable shared library

Giaco777 giaco777@gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 13:18:00 GMT 2002

Hi All,

for a special purpose I need to build a file which on one hand works =
like an executable and on the other is accepted as an shared library by =
a program. Is such a thing possible?

Background: The VHDL simulator ncsim (Cadence) provides the capability =
to include shared libraries to add some functions in C to be simulated =
all together with the VHDL stuff. Since the shared lib must be named in =
a special way, it is hard to keep track e.g. of the version of the lib. =
Therefore it would be great if it were possible to get a printout of the =
information just by executing the lib file.

Is there somebody to help me on this subject?

Thanks
Joachim Knaeblein