Does your .eh_frame_hdr change work with DW_EH_PE_absptr?

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Thu Feb 14 02:08:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:02:39AM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 04:43:39PM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > "make check" in gcc has many C++ exception failures on Linux/mips with
> > the current gcc/binutils. I noticed that Linux/mips uses the default
> > ASM_PREFERRED_EH_DATA_FORMAT, which is DW_EH_PE_absptr. Does your
> > change work with DW_EH_PE_absptr?
>
> It wouldn't work on IA-32 either if absptr did not work - all non-pic code
> uses there absptr.

The EH fails when libstdc++.so is used on Linux/mips. If I link against
libsuppc++.a, it works fine. The problem is it fails to find an FDE
in libstdc++.so. But libgcc_s.so is ok.

> Can you cook up a minimal testcase which triggers it (the fewer FDEs and
> CIEs the better) and mail me the resulting .so or binary for inspection for
> now (I might need all the source objects/libs for the final link later to
> debug it, but for inspection the final link result should be enough)?

I will give it a try.

H.J.