BFD msbin patch
Greg Banks
gnb@alphalink.com.au
Wed Feb 13 18:04:00 GMT 2002
G'day,
Thanks for the replies.
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > 1. My patch is against 2.11.2, should I update it to be against
> > the latest CVS before submitting?
>
> Absolutely.
Ok, underway.
> > 2. Should I submit generated changes to configure and Makefile.in?
> > The problem is I'm currently running a different version of
> > autoconf, and there are spurious changes.
>
> Generally you shouldn't include changes to the massive generated files;
> they clutter up the diff and add no semantic information.
Glad to hear it. I *really* didn't want to have to update autoconf.
Nick Clifton wrote:
>
> Another issue is copyright. Before we could accept such a patch we
> would need a completed copyright assignment from you. (Form attached
> below).
Ok, filled and sent.
Greg.
--
the price of civilisation today is a courageous willingness to prevail,
with force, if necessary, against whatever vicious and uncomprehending
enemies try to strike it down. - Roger Sandall, The Age, 28Sep2001.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list