Backing out bad warning fixes
Daniel Jacobowitz
drow@mvista.com
Sun Feb 10 18:47:00 GMT 2002
On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 02:27:35PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> writes:
>
> > Ian, if I understood you correctly these should both be OK. I remove
> > the strtoul declaration, and undo the prototyping of localtime. OK?
>
> Yes, I think this is fine.
OK, checked in then.
>
> > The latter nags at me but I'll do the configury after the rest of the
> > problems I noted (none of which are especially important) happen to
> > vanish :) We should note that binutils is not really expected to build
> > with no warnings.
>
> Yes. Writing a program which compiles on many different platforms
> with no warnings is nearly impossible, and requires a large number of
> configure tests merely for the purpose of reducing warnings.
>
> Ian
>
--
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
More information about the Binutils
mailing list