include/dis-asm.h patch for cgen disassemblers

Frank Ch. Eigler fche@redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 10:13:00 GMT 2002

Hi -

dje wrote:
> [...]
> I recognize wanting to have a clear name ("isas"), but methinks for
> the task at hand this just repeats the problem.  The goal is (or was) to add
> a target specific annotation to control disassembly.
> [...]

A general hook is the "char* disassembler_options" field, which is used
as a catch-all.  Where this field is used (arm, i386, ppc), it's almost
exclusively to encode the ISA selection.  I'd prefer to formalize the
isa switch than continue to deformalize to a string option, especially
as isa switching is a correctness issue.  (Some of these disassembleres
use the string also for rendering preferences.)

> At any rate, IMO this patch is better than the originally proposed patch.

OK.  Anyone with objections?

- FChE