Documenting partial builds (Was Re: ^c now disallowed?)

Joseph S. Myers jsm28@cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 28 07:06:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> The big question is, *where* should this be documented?  I can document
> the toplevel Makefile interface quite clearly, but I'm very unsure where
> to put said documentation; should I duplicate it in the docs for each
> package (and if so, where in those docs)?  Put it in some special
> location?  What?

The old toplevel is documented in etc/configure.texi in src, which is
where the GCC internals manual (sourcebuild.texi) currently links to for
documentation of toplevel.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk