(toplevel patch) Real make targets for configure-target-*

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 05:21:00 GMT 2002

On Dec  3, 2002, Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> +# BASE_CC_FOR_TARGET is the actual program file of CC_FOR_TARGET,
> +# for use in dependencies.  Replace $$r with a relative
> +# path if it's present.
> +set dummy $CC_FOR_TARGET; cc_for_target_first_word=$2
> +BASE_CC_FOR_TARGET=`echo "$cc_for_target_first_word" | sed -e 's,[$][$]r,.,'`

Beware CC_FOR_TARGET starting with env_var=content.  You may want to
strip words containing `=' before setting it.

(yeah, I've actually run into this, while playing with distcc for gcc
bootstrapping, having to override DISTCC_HOSTS)