[RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.

Klee Dienes klee@apple.com
Thu Dec 5 13:18:00 GMT 2002

On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 04:08 PM, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>> The 3-argument form works with both autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.50+.
>
> So the three argument form fixes can be committed now?

Yes, that should be fine, though I'd have to do a test-configure/build
of it to be 100% sure.

> Right.  But can the fixes be committed now (while we potentially
> twiddle our thums waiting for the end of the northern winter :-).  I
> get the feeling that the answer is no.  Outch!

We could use YLWRAP = $(srcdir)/ylwrap instead of YLWRAP =
$(srcdir)/../ylwrap, and then include the new-style ylwrap in the GDB
directory, if we chose to.  I suspect it'd be better just to wait until
we are willing/able to use automake to generate the makefiles for
binutils/ld/gas, but I have no strong opinion either way.