Unreviewed patch

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 3 21:33:00 GMT 2002

!   else if ((s->flags & (SEC_CODE | SEC_READONLY)) == SEC_READONLY)
!     {
!       /* If we have .rodata, fine.  If not, assume we can put read-only
! 	 data into .text.  */
!       place = HAVE_SECTION (hold_rodata, ".rodata") ? &hold_rodata
! 						    : &hold_text;
!     }

Hmm, we had this behaviour before I took it out on 2000-09-07.  I can't
remember the details now.  :-(

+       /* By sorting the orphan after place->os, we effectively changed
+ 	 the size of that section.  Adjust the size of the section to
+ 	 reflect the additional output.  */

This I don't like.  An orphan goes into its own output section.  It's
wrong to adjust the size of the previous non-orphan output section.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre