[PING/RFA] Support CV-qualifiers when demangling pointer-to-member

Klee Dienes klee@apple.com
Sun Dec 1 22:48:00 GMT 2002

Just wanted to ping the following RFA:

It's a patch to accomodate the following change in GCC 3.1:

>   * The C++ ABI has been fixed so that `void (A::*)() const' is
> mangled as
>     "M1AKFvvE", rather than "MK1AFvvE" as before.  This change only
> affects
>     pointer to cv-qualified member function types.

Unfortunately, the matching change was never made to cp-demangle.c; the
following patch adds support for it, and adds a test-case for the
previously failing mangled string.  I'm by no means an expert at the
internals of cp-demangle.c, so if someone else could double-check the
patch (particularly how it handles the output of the CV-qualifier
string), I'd really appreciate it.

2002-11-06  Klee Dienes  <kdienes@apple.com>

	* testsuite/demangle-expected: Add test-case for const
	pointer-to-member as argument to function (_Z1xM1sKFvvE).
	* cp-demangle.c (demangle_type_ptr): Add a recognizer for
	CV-qualifiers in the special-case code for pointer-to-member.