stage one of gas reloc rewrite

Hans-Peter Nilsson hp@bitrange.com
Sat Aug 31 08:35:00 GMT 2002


On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Alan Modra wrote:

> OK, here it is.  The aim of stage one was to clean up the generic
> reloc code in write.c

Thank you for doing that.  Please forgive this whining; to avoid
dropping this altogether when rescheduling, I'll pass on a first
impression.  More later after a thorough look.

> I chose the following targets for testing:
...
> mmix-unknown-elf,

For the record: this isn't a valid target, it's
mmix-knuth-mmixware (ld generates mmo, not ELF by default).

> gas/testsuite/ChangeLog
...
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/bz-c.d: Adjust for changed reloc handling.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/comment-1.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/geta-c.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/jump-c.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/local-1.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/odd-1.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/op-0-1.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/op-0-2.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mmix/pushj-c.d: Likewise.
> 	* gas/testsuite/gas/mri/moveml.d: Likewise.

I'm suspicious.  For most of the tests, you add local unnamed
"*ABS*" symbols.  That doesn't seem right; I'd rather expect
removal of local "*ABS*" symbols (or more removed than added).

brgds, H-P



More information about the Binutils mailing list