cvs diff howto?

Svein E. Seldal Svein.Seldal@solidas.com
Mon Aug 26 13:57:00 GMT 2002

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Generally, if you use 'cvs add' and then cvs diff (or maybe cvs diff
> -N? I don't remember), this works.  However, you might need to have
> commit access to do it that way; CVS is awkward about that.  I have a
> little script that just looks for the "? Filename" lines and replaces
> them with the appropriate diff.

My problem is that I do not have write access to the CVS so I cant add
the new files, hence I cannot use cvs diff for these files.

What would be the simplest way for me to submit such patches that
contains both modified and new files? I'm tempted to submit an ordinary
patch for the modified files and a tgz for the new ones. Will that do?

This script you were talking about sounds interesting. Would it be
possble to get it?

Svein