Reverse mapping functions

Jean Francois Martinez jfm2@club-internet.fr
Fri Aug 23 22:42:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 01:05, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 09:30:03PM +0200, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
> > They are built with -g (or I can rebuild them).  But how can I get that
> > name?
>
> gdb, or addr2line

I cannot use gdb since I am writing a script who needs to reverse map.
With addr2line both with:

addr2line -e libname address

and

addr2line -e executable address

all I get is

??:0

ie cannot determine file, cannot determine line number.

Also I have run strings on my -g built library and I don't see any
mention of file name.  How does addr2line get that info?  I didn't
see any mention of a parm relative to where the source is.  Do I have
to be in the directory containing the source?

Regards

			JFM