[RFA:] Use refcount in SH ELF backend
Alan Modra
amodra@bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 23 05:39:00 GMT 2002
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 02:00:43PM -0700, Clarke, Stephen wrote:
> > From: Daniel Jacobowitz [mailto:drow@mvista.com]
> > Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:58 PM
>
> > I see that Debian's been using this patch for some time; so has the
> > SH-Linux community. I'd really appreciate it if an SH5-aware
> > individual would step forward and look at this so it can be approved.
>
> I'd really like to see this patch go in too ...
I had a good look over the patch since it is porting the delayed
allocation scheme for dynamic relocs I implemented for x86, and it
looks good to me. Besides a few cosmetic mods, eg. replacing
"elf_hash_table (info)->" with "htab->root.", I made only one change
of any substance, adding
if (h->root.type == bfd_link_hash_warning)
h = (struct elf_link_hash_entry *) h->root.u.i.link;
to the start of readonly_dynrelocs.
That said, it clearly needs the fixes you mention in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-07/msg00190.html for
SHmedia, and a careful look at just what happens with those indirect
syms you create. Any objections to me committing the patch as is,
and you fixing the Shmedia breakage later? I've gotten a little
interested in SH since my assembler reloc processing changes proved
difficult to get right for this port. :)
--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre
More information about the Binutils
mailing list