[RFA] bfd/elf-eh-frame.c: return address column of CIE

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 23:59:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 07:42:45AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> So - for DWARF2 we read a ubyte and for DWARF3 we read a LEB128 ?

Well, unless the ubyte is >= 128, it is the same.
Unfortunately there are 3 broken ports - frv, sh (non-SH5) and mmix
which use bigger values (well, mmix even uses 259 so it is incorrectly
truncated anyway). Furthermore, IA-64 doesn't even define it because
it wouldn't fit into the ubyte. I think it is highest time to change gcc...

> Since we are not currently supporting DWARF3 how about just adding a
> note to remind us to fix this problem later on:

Well, the whole file was written from DWARF3 spec, and gcc generates
DWARF3 in lots of places already. DWARF3 is not a completely new format,
it is just DWARF2 with its bugs fixed plus some extensions.

If anything, elf-eh-frame.c could read uleb128 (or byte, doesn't matter)
and not optimize if it is >= 128...

	Jakub