mips build failures

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 21 17:04:00 GMT 2002


On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 04:43:13PM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 18:58, Alan Modra wrote:
> > Looks like mips gas only supports ELF.  Can one of the mips maintainers
> > look at this?
> 
> Roger. :)

Ta.  I need a working testsuite to stop me breaking things really
badly in my gas/write.c reloc cleanup.  One thing you might like
to consider is whether gas/testsuite/gas/mips/beq.s is correct.
I reckon text_label being global should force relocations on
16-bit branches (global syms in ELF shared libs can be overridden),
so you get

00000000 <text_label> beq       a0,a1,fffffff4 <text_label+0xfffffff4>
                        0: R_MIPS_PC16  text_label

which of course breaks the test.

If there's something in the mips abi that says these branches are
not relocated, then I need to fix my patch..

-- 
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre



More information about the Binutils mailing list