A new target for binutils ? MCS-51

Subrat Kr. Panda subrat@cse.iitkgp.ernet.in
Tue Aug 20 06:31:00 GMT 2002

Hi Stephane,
  Our team have just finished retargetting gcc, binutils for a risc
processor. well the order we chose was not very specific. But better if
you start with opcode, bfd, ld, gas. Well it all depends on you how you
want your things to work. Gas and ld both are dependent on bfd hence you
need to get bfd done first.
  Regarding format we did it for COFF..using the MANY_SEGMENTS macro we
did not use the BFD_ASSEMBLER because COFF was not well tested with
BFD_ASSEMBLER defined. You could rather go for ELF. The version if
binutils package retargetted was binutils-2.12.
Thanks and regards,
subrat

--
Try your best and leave the rest.