Drop the K&R requirement from binutils?
Andrew Cagney
ac131313@ges.redhat.com
Mon Aug 19 18:09:00 GMT 2002
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 03:41:36PM -0400, Jim Wilson wrote:
>
>> present in binutils-2.13. So that last two binutils releases weren't K&R C.
>> If nobody noticed that the code isn't K&R C, then why is it important to
>> continue trying to use K&R C?
>
>
> I think it's important _only_ if a maintainer steps forward and
> commits to fixing the sort of bugs you noticed. Do we have such a
> person? I don't think so.
[I think I understand your point]
I don't think BINUTILS should even entertain the idea of creating a
``K&R police force''. The above strongly suggests that, even if someone
stepped forward and filled such a role, they would be wasting their own
and everyone elses time. No one compiles BINUTILS using a K&R
compiler! :-)
enjoy,
Andrew
More information about the Binutils
mailing list