default_excluded_list[] and flat profile
Nick Clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Fri Aug 16 07:56:00 GMT 2002
Hi Jason,
> /*
> * Turn off default functions:
> */
> for (sp = &default_excluded_list[0]; *sp; sp++)
> {
> sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_TIME);
> sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_GRAPH);
> #ifdef __alpha__
> sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_FLAT);
> #endif
> }
>
> I'm a little curious why the __alpha__ there. More to the point, I'm
> puzzled why you would want stuff from the default exclude list (like,
> say, __mcount()) to show up in the flat profile at all.
You wouldn't. I suspect that what happened is that someone working on
the OSF port of gprof noticed this silly-ness, could not work out why
you would want the default excluded functions in a FLAT profile and so
decided to remove. Since they did not know if including them in a
FLAT profile was deliberate or not, they decided to make the change
specific to the OSF port. Later on (in 1996, according to the
ChangeLog) the test for __osf__ was replaced with a test for
__alpha__.
I agree that it seems stupid however, and if no one objects I will
apply this patch:
Cheers
Nick
2002-08-16 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
* gprof.c (main): Remove spurious test for __alpha__.
Index: gprof/gprof.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gprof/gprof.c,v
retrieving revision 1.15
diff -c -3 -p -w -r1.15 gprof.c
*** gprof/gprof.c 30 Jul 2002 09:07:00 -0000 1.15
--- gprof/gprof.c 16 Aug 2002 14:54:43 -0000
*************** This program is free software. This pro
*** 512,520 ****
{
sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_TIME);
sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_GRAPH);
- #ifdef __alpha__
sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_FLAT);
- #endif
}
/*
--- 512,518 ----
More information about the Binutils
mailing list