sh-nto --small-stubs
Graeme Peterson
gp@qnx.com
Thu Aug 15 07:29:00 GMT 2002
Cool idea. I am trying it out now, using the ld command
line option "-z now", which sets info.flags |= DF_BIND_NOW.
I'll let you know if it works for me.
GP
>
> I've been thinking about this a little more. It occured
> to me that these small stubs could be made to work for a
> "full-blown" dynamic linker, provided it was told that lazy
> binding was not possible on the shared object. To
> allow this, it would be necessary to put DT_BIND_NOW in the
> .dynamic section.
>
> Then I noticed that there's already some mechanism
> for this ... the DF_BIND_NOW flag in link_info.flags.
> Would it be possible to control the selection of small
> stubs based on this flag, instead of a separate option?
>
> (And is it really the case that the short plt entries would
> work for other dynamic linkers provided they did all the
> binding at load time, or have I missed something?)
>
> Steve.
> --
> Stephen Clarke, Principal Engineer, SuperH Inc.
> Phone:1-408-273-3146, Fax:1-408-273-3199, =
> mailto:Stephen.Clarke@superh.com
> Mail: SuperH Inc., 405 River Oaks Pkwy, San Jose, CA 95134, USA.
>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list