PATCH: Don't count definitions in shared objects

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Tue Aug 13 10:54:00 GMT 2002


On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:41:13PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> HJ,
>    Okay. So this patch will allow glibc-2-2-branch glibc with
> your proposed glibc-2-2-ppc patch to build a usable gcc 3.2, right?

Yes.

> I haven't started my rebuild of stock gcc 3.2 against this
> new glibc build yet. Should I test your binutils patch...that is 
> build a new binutils before I rebuild the stock gcc 3.2 against

You need the new binutils with my patch for gcc 3.2.

> your proposed glibc changes? I would like to do that but I am
> a little fuzzy on what I should check. Just if the resulting gcc 3.2
> can pass it make check testsuite properly to make sure no 
> breakage has occurred?

Yes.

Here is the testcase patch. I will check in both of my patches today
if I don't hear any objections before 9pm PDT.


H.J.
-------------- next part --------------
2002-08-13  H.J. Lu <hjl@gnu.org>

	* ld-elfvers/vers.exp: Add vers23c and vers23d.

	* ld-elfvers/vers23c.ver: New.
	* ld-elfvers/vers23d.dsym: New.

--- ld/testsuite/ld-elfvers/vers.exp.dso	Sun Aug 11 14:51:58 2002
+++ ld/testsuite/ld-elfvers/vers.exp	Tue Aug 13 10:45:24 2002
@@ -835,4 +835,6 @@ build_vers_lib "vers22" vers22.c vers22 
 # Test versioned definitions in different files.
 build_vers_lib "vers23a" vers23a.c vers23a "" vers23a.map vers23a.ver vers23a.dsym vers23a.sym
 build_vers_lib "vers23b" vers23b.c vers23b "" vers23b.map vers23b.ver vers23b.dsym ""
+build_vers_lib "vers23c" vers23b.c vers23c "vers23a.so" vers23b.map vers23c.ver vers23b.dsym ""
+build_exec "vers23d" vers23.c vers23d "tmpdir/vers23a.so tmpdir/vers23c.so" "" vers23.ver vers23d.dsym ""
 build_exec "vers23" vers23.c vers23 "tmpdir/vers23a.so tmpdir/vers23b.o tmpdir/vers23b.so" "" vers23.ver vers23.dsym ""
--- ld/testsuite/ld-elfvers/vers23c.ver.dso	Tue Aug 13 10:48:58 2002
+++ ld/testsuite/ld-elfvers/vers23c.ver	Tue Aug 13 10:43:59 2002
@@ -0,0 +1,4 @@
+Version definitions:
+1 0x01 0x065ea90f vers23c.so
+2 0x00 0x05aa7610 VERS.0
+
--- ld/testsuite/ld-elfvers/vers23d.dsym.dso	Tue Aug 13 10:49:02 2002
+++ ld/testsuite/ld-elfvers/vers23d.dsym	Tue Aug 13 10:46:56 2002
@@ -0,0 +1,2 @@
+[0-9a-f]*      DF \*UND\*	[0-9a-f]*  VERS.0      (0x[0-9a-f][0-9a-f] )?bar
+[0-9a-f]*      DF \*UND\*	[0-9a-f]*  VERS.0      (0x[0-9a-f][0-9a-f] )?foo


More information about the Binutils mailing list