PATCH: A strang symbol versioning problem

Jack Howarth howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Sun Aug 11 19:01:00 GMT 2002

HJ,
   I just got finished building gcc 3.2 with your binutils-version-add.patch
applied to binutils 2.13.90.0.3 against a glibc 2.2.5 with Franz's new
glibc-libgcc-compat-ppc-5a/glibc-libgcc-compat-ppc-8-2_2d patches. The
gcc 3.2 was the current debian package with Franz's proposed fixup for
symbol versioning. The test-summary looks fine. I see 4 unexpected
failures for gcc...

FAIL: gcc.dg/20020103-1.c scan-assembler-not LC
FAIL: gcc.dg/20020118-1.c execution test
FAIL: gcc.dg/format/ext-3.c bad %^# (test for warnings, line 215)
FAIL: gcc.dg/format/ext-3.c (test for excess errors)

The first two we always see and the second two i386 is seeing with
stock debian sid devtools. All the other failures are the same
as we see in gcc 3.1.1 so I think it is safe to say your proposed
binutils patch doesn't cause any gcc breakage which we can detect
with the testsuite. Also I built glibc with the same patched binutils
and all of make check passed there as well.
                                   Jack