PATCH: A strang symbol versioning problem

Jack Howarth howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Sun Aug 11 06:07:00 GMT 2002

HJ,
   I can confirm that the proposed binutils-version-add patch does
solve the build problems with libeel 2.0.3 using a glibc 2.2.5
built with Franz's latest libgcc-compat patches. Also the patch seems
to not have any serious side-effects as I am able to rebuild a glibc
2.2.5 which then passes all of make check. I am building gcc 3.2
pre-release now with Franz's proposed symbol versioning changes
and will rebuild glibc again against that to confirm that the
duplicate symbol issues are resolved for both gcc 2.95.4 and
patched-3.2.
                  Jack